Saturday, April 08, 2006

Our Symbol of Wealth and Prosperity

My baby and I were both excited when we learned that my mom was able to find us 13 US one dollar gold coins that we'll be using for our arrhae. I was informed by my mom that one dollar coins are rarely used in the USA since they do have dollar bills that's why I feel a little more special after knowing this (of course, I got to love my own! haha). Passing the arras (term used for the coins) from the groom to the bride symbolizes the ability of the groom to support his wife and their family and also wealth and prosperity for the newlyweds. Also, each coin represents the thirteen universal ingredients of marriage: love, harmony, cooperation, commitment, peace, happiness, trust, respect, caring, wisdom, joy, wholeness, and nurturing.

We'll post some pictures of the arras as soon as my mom comes home from the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home